Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Early Christmas 2012

We moved Christmas up a day this year because of some travel plans, and it was amazing. Our kids were so excited about Christmas that it put me in a great mood to bring it to them early. We went to church on fake Christmas Eve, had time together, dinner at sue's, talk of Jesus, and new pj's. Tim and I ha not wrapped one gift, and so it was so fun to lay everything out (hide some for birthdays instead) and start assembling. We watched home alone 2 and had a great time. I was up at 5 and half wished the kids were too. I went back to sleep, and the party started at 7 with Kenna and Lizza. Kenna was worried she could not read her name so we put a picture of her by her unwrapped gifts. Lizza got a camping chair and spent much of the morning stationed there. I was so impressed that the girls started sharing and giving things away just halfway through their stockings. Really cool and not what I expected. My favorite gift I gave was a blanket for Tim of our favorite cabin pictures. He was really excited and it turned out awesome. Kenna is way in love with her fake American girl doll, and I love target for having that much cheaper option. It is softer doll, too, and Kenna loves Evelyn Wonder. She changes her clothes every 10 minutes, and daddy is becoming a pro at "helping." Quinn loves her her v-tech computer, and I am really impressed with it. Kenna is a little too young for hers and doesn't care for it, but Lizza is happy to use it as a football. The day was relaxing, filled with snow, and very fun. I made veggie spring rolls and soup. After the kids were in bed, Tim and I cracked open my new fondue pot and enjoyed 3.5 servings of cheese each including our daily limit of saturated fat. It was really a nice day, and I think having it early took the pressure off of the expectations of December 25 and the loneliness of being far from family. We should hit Tim's folks house my 3 pm today. Merry Christmas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment